ALERT LEVEL 1
Well it took a massive team effort but the country is now in alert level 1 which essentially means the Ministry of Health is confident that covid-19 is not active in the community. This does not mean it has fully gone and that it won’t return so we will continue with our high hygiene procedures.
On Monday you hopefully received a letter outlining what alert level 1 looks like at Bayview School.
There were so many silver linings that came about during the various alert levels, and we want to continue to build on these successes. In every decision we have made we have put the children’s best interests first.
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern's 10 golden rules for alert level 1
1. If you are sick stay at home; don't go to work or school or socialise.
2. If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, call your doctor or health line and make sure you get tested.
3. Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands.
4. Sneeze and cough into your elbow and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
5. If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate, you must do it immediately.
6. If you are concerned about your well-being or if you have an underlying health condition, we still encourage you to work with your GP.
7. Keep track of where you have been and who you have seen to help contact tracing if needed, and we really encourage people to use the Covid tracer app as an easy way to do that.
8. Businesses and schools to display the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing.
9. Stay vigilant.
10. Be kind to others and be kind to yourself.