Bayview Primary School is a decile 7 school in Glenfield, North Shore City. We cater for Year 1 to Year 6 students. Bayview is the school of choice for many families.
Bayview School is New Zealand's first 'Sunshine School of Excellence'. We are extremely well resourced and maintained with newly painted buildings which compliment an attractive native bush outlook. Facilities include a gymnasium and a well stocked, inviting library. We have four adventure playgrounds for students to play on during break times, a fitness trail, basketball and netball courts and a generous field. We have a Smartboard (interactive whiteboard) in every classroom as well as three computers in each class for students to use. We are in the process of building our very own multimedia suite which will house our radio station and video broadcasting facilities. We are aiming to have our radio station up and running by the end of this year.
Bayview Kindergarten and an early childhood centre are located adjacent to the school site, which provides children with continuity from early childhood to school. Bayview has a long-standing history of successful teaching and learning evident through positive ERO reports.
Bayview School encourages children to think and act in an environmentally sustainable way, becoming a Green/Gold 'enviro-school' in 2010. We are also an 'Active-School' encouraging healthy eating and participation in a range of physical activity.
- Children enjoy learning to read and write successfully.
- Learning success and enjoyment continues as children move through the school.
- Children work co-operatively and independently.
- Children are provided with opportunities to be involved in performing arts.
- Creativity is encouraged. Programmes are provided to stimulate and extend learning.
- Cultural diversity is valued.
- Children develop positive attitudes to physical activity.
- We provide a safe and happy environment for students to learn and play in.
- We develop 21st Century thinkers.
- Children use technology in a range of contexts.